Freshmen Class Cabinet Meeting

Eliza Hoeckleberg (9) and the other members of her class attentively listen. Mrs. Robin May, counselor, and Mrs. Jamie Rodgers, counselor, explained fundraisers for the class of 2021’s school dances.

The Freshmen Class Cabinet, sponsored by Mrs. Robin May, Guidance and Mrs. Jamie Rodgers, Guidance, met for the first time this year on Tuesday, Aug. 29 immediately after school in the LGI room.

“We’ll probably meet about, in the next couple of weeks, six to seven times because we need to work on our banners for homecoming,” Mrs. May said.

Homecoming is one of the main events the Freshmen Class is in charge of. Their job is to promote school spirit prior to the event. The projects after that are all up to the club members to choose themselves.

“Last year they sold lanyards for a fundraiser. This year they might come up with a different idea; to sell T-shirts, or sweatshirts, or sweatpants or something a little different,” Mrs. Rodgers said.

This club can not only be a fun opportunity to meet new friends, but it can also be helpful in preparing for the future.

“I want to be an architect when I’m older. I’m just trying to join as many clubs as I can and freshmen class cabinet seems like something i can do and handle,” Eliza Hoeckelberg said.

All freshmen can join and the next meeting will be held next Tuesday, Sept. 5 in front of the guidance office.