She & Him travel back in time

The music duo She & Him release their fifth album titled Classics. Classics is the duo’s first cover album and in it they cover 13 classic songs from the 30s, 50s and 70s.

Today the indie duo of Zooey Deschanel and Matthew Stephen Ward also known as She & Him, released a new album titled Classics. In the album, She & Him cover 13 songs that they consider classics.

She & Him chose to cover the songs that they did in Classics due to their roots in country, soul and jazz music. She & Him included songs from the eras that these genres of music peaked in; the 30s, 50s, and 70s.

In their previous albums, She & Him produced music that contained love and romance themes. Classics continues this theme, as She & Him cover old-school love songs sung by many famous artists like Ella Fitzgerald and Frank Sinatra.

Embracing the beauty in the original tracks, She & Him kept the instrumentals simple in Classics and they also did not alter the lyrics. They added their own flare to the songs by adding the soft percussion and electric guitar, as well as the subtle background singers that are found in their previous albums.

Classics pays a tribute to popular songs from the past, and it proves that these classics will continue to stick around.