Ghouls at the School

Mrs. Julie Shupryt, Science, and her son enjoy trick or treating. The two had been dressed up as a monkey and an explorer.

On Wednesday, Oct. 25, Lake Central hosted a trick or treat event Ghouls at the School. The money raised benefited Lake Central Dollars for Scholars and the Freshman Mentorship Program.

“The trick or treaters pay five dollars to get in. Parents or anyone bringing the trick or treaters are free, only the trick or treaters are five dollars. All the proceeds are being split between Lake Central Dollar for Scholars and our Freshman Mentor Program which is through the guidance office,” Ms. Ashley Kline, Guidance, said.

The trick or treaters were able to get a lot of candy and then they were able to play games and compete in costume contests.

“They come in door A and they trick or treat hallway A all the way into the gym, we have photo backdrops along the way and some decoration and things like that. Once they are in the gym we have a DJ, we have fun children’s halloween games and we have a costume contest,” Ms. Kline said.

When Ms. Kline and Ms. Brynn Denton, Guidance, started this, they need to get help from the community.

“We just decided to start it and we called a bunch of business and companies and individuals around the area and we got a bunch of candy donations and balloon donations and we have representatives from different businesses here who have tables,” Ms. Kline said.

At the end of the night there was not a lack of candy and the costumes had been great.

“I think it went great, we had a great turn out, we didn’t run out of candy so we actually have some left over. So it was overall we had a great night, we had a great turnout, we heard a lot of great things, the kids looked so cute. So yah, I think overall it went fantastic,” Ms. Kline said.