Varsity boys soccer defeats the Trojans

+Benjamin+Klebs+%2812%29+starts+off+his+senior+soccer+season+by+deflecting+the+ball+from+his+Highland+opponent.+He+said+he%E2%80%99s+looking+at+the+season+as+if+every+game+was+his+last.+
Benjamin Klebs (12) starts off his senior soccer season by deflecting the ball from his Highland opponent. He said he’s looking at the season as if every game was his last.

On Monday night, the boys varsity soccer team defeated the Highland Trojans with a score of 4-0. The game was at home and started at 7 p.m.

“We started off OK, and then we were still able to step up and get a goal.  Even though we weren’t at our full 100 percent, second half was when we started to get into our groove. We were the actual team that I know we could be,” Michael McClelland (12) said.

The first half of the game consisted of back and forth passing between teams, leaving Lake Central with a leading score of 1-0 at halftime. As the second half began, the excitement from the crowd made the atmosphere full of ferocity, forcing the Indians to triumph against the Trojans.

“I thought we played a really great game. We finally put some goals in so that was nice. We possessed really well. We didn’t give them any opportunities against us,” Christopher Baranowski (11) said.

Varsity’s win was a great way to start the season. The boys had some struggles here and there, but they are willing to go through the season correcting those mistakes to be able to go to State.

“I think there is room for improvements all around.  Everybody has their own improvements that they can work on,” Benjamin Klebs (12) said.