Saying so long to seniors

Coach+TIna+Tinberg+hugs+Rachel+Gross+%2812%29+after+talking+about+her+success+all+season.+The+team%E2%80%99s+next+game+is+on+Oct.+8.+
Coach TIna Tinberg hugs Rachel Gross (12) after talking about her success all season. The team’s next game is on Oct. 8.

On Oct. 6, the volleyball program hosted Senior Night to honor the seven seniors on the varsity team.

“I think [Senior Night] went really good. It was really sad, obviously, because we’re all going to miss each other,” Jacqueline Eader (12) said.

The younger players, coaches and parents helped to make the night special for the seniors.

“[Walking into to the gym for Senior Night] was so exciting. We got a text from one of the younger players saying we can come in and we walked in and it was decorated so nicely, and the tables were awesome. You can just tell they put a lot of energy and effort into it to make it really special,” Rachel Gross (12) said.

The team played the Merrillville Pirates and won all three sets, 25-7, 25-14 and 25-15.

“The game went pretty well, it was really good that we got it done in three sets and it was exciting to see us win on Senior Night,” Mhejhana Williams (11) said.

After the game, Coach Tina Tinberg made speeches for all of the seven seniors on the team.

“It was really cool [getting recognized by my coach]. In the speeches, they gave each player a lot of attention and it was nice for our parents to hear those things, and they made the whole night really special. They made sure we knew how much we are appreciated in the program,” Gross said.

The seven seniors meant a lot to everyone involved in the program, especially Coach Tinberg.

“Tonight was really special, they’re an amazing group of seven and I can’t say enough about them. I’m proud of all they’ve accomplished, they’ve put time, work, dedication, into this program and it’s a direct reflection of [how] they’ve played,” Coach Tinberg said.