Saturday morning face-off

The+team+prepares+to+go+head-to-head+against+Valpo+on+the+field.+The+boys+ran+the+play+in+the+fourth+quarter+and+Valpo+scored+a+touchdown.+
The team prepares to go head-to-head against Valpo on the field. The boys ran the play in the fourth quarter and Valpo scored a touchdown.

Saturday, Oct. 17 at 10:00 a.m. the JV boys football team faced off against the Valparaiso Vikings at Lake Central. The Indians fought hard but lost to their competitor 28-0. The boys were supported Saturday by family, friends and a few of their varsity teammates. Often, the varsity players come and encourage the younger teams.

“We love that they are there because we cheer for them on Friday nights. It’s nice that they repay us,” Ryan Oljace (10) said.

Paul Centanni (12) was once a JV player and understands the importance of moral support.

“We are all one. Being a team is having everyone on board, all 80 of us. We are one working machine, and when a piece of that puzzle can’t support the others, then we are all not one,” Centanni said.
The boys worked together to do their best over the weekend. Although they lost on their home turf, their efforts were noticed, and they will work hard to compete against Valparaiso in the future.

“Since it was our last game, you kind of want to end on a good note. Even though we lost, it was still a good record for us, 6 and 3,” Andrew Pruitt (11) said.