End of the season awards

Sean+Griffin+%2812%29+smiles+as+he+is+congratulated+by+his+teammates.+At+the+Duneland+Athletic+Conference%2C+the+football+team+came+in+fourth+place.+
Sean Griffin (12) smiles as he is congratulated by his teammates. At the Duneland Athletic Conference, the football team came in fourth place.

Wednesday, Nov. 18, fall sports athletes gathered for the annual Fall Sports Banquet. There were total of 328 participating students in fall sports.The night started with a dinner, then continued with a program in which all of the coaches gave an overview of their season, and finally, each team gathered for individual awards.  

“Coach Rainwater is an amazing coach and he knows what he is doing. The teammates are cool guys, they are good role models and great players, just good people to be around in general. It was cool watching the varsity team move up on the bracket,” Maxwell Hill (10) said.

After the program, each team broke up into groups where they gave out awards to their players. Awards like Most Valuable player, Most Improved and many more were given out.

“ I got First Varsity Letters, Rookie of the year award, and MVP. I feel good [about receiving these awards] considering freshmen don’t always get [them],” Andrew Walsh (9) said.

Recognition was not only given for athletic ability but also for academic. 115 fall athletes earned all “A” honors in the first quarter of the school year.  

“We’ll I’m very proud of [Nathan Thomas (9)], and the work that he has put in for the team. The amount of work and dedication that he has to put in is extensive. Him being able to keep up with his studies says a lot about his priorities and dedication,” Mrs. Rachael Thomas, Science, said.
Fall sports banquets give the teams the chance to show their accomplishments throughout the season and recognize students, coaches and parents.