Sectional lost ends boys basketball season

Joseph+Graziano+%2811%29+fights+to+protect+the+basket.+Graziano+led+the+team+in+assists.+
Joseph Graziano (11) fights to protect the basket. Graziano led the team in assists.

On Tuesday, March 1, the boys varsity basketball team took on the Lowell Devils for the first round of Sectionals. Unfortunately, the Indians lost with a score of 61-44, but the team had a successful season overall.

The boys started off strong going into halftime with a 20-18 lead. After the third quarter, the Devils started to improve their game and the Indians fell behind.

“Lowell started knocking down more shots while our defense became too aggressive allowing them to score easier,” Joseph Graziano (11) said.

Just like every team, the Indians had their ups and downs, but throughout the season they made everlasting memories.

“The Columbia City tournament was definitely one of the highlights, we played really well. We got second in the tournament and it was a really good time to hang out with our teammates,” Ryan Bereda (12) said.

For the seniors, this was the last time they would take the court as an Indian. While some students plan to continue their basketball career in college, Bereda has other plans.

“I’m not playing basketball in college, I am going to be an academic student at Purdue University,” Bereda said.