Going full swing into the season

Jake+Wisniewski+%2812%29+hits+the+ball+during+the+bottom+of+the+fourth+inning.+Wisniewski+scored+one+of+the+two+points+for+the+Indians.++
Jake Wisniewski (12) hits the ball during the bottom of the fourth inning. Wisniewski scored one of the two points for the Indians.

On the chilly afternoon of Tuesday, April 19, the varsity baseball team took on the Crown Point Bulldogs at home. The Indians shut out the Bulldogs with a score of 2-0.

“Both of our pitchers threw very well throughout the whole game. [Joseph Graziano (11)] was outstanding on his pitching and stayed on top of everything. [Benjamin Nisle (11)] got us on the board with his hit in his first conference game back,” Head Coach Jeff Sandor said.

The two teams stayed scoreless up until the bottom of the fourth inning. Nisle hit a two-run homer which gave the Indians the lead and secured the win.

“Before I got the home run, I was determined to do something to put my team in a winning position. Graziano was doing amazing that game by letting Crown Point get only two hits in and I wanted to help him out by get us on the scoreboard,” Nisle said.

Even though the boys picked up a win on Tuesday, some players kept in mind what improvements could be made going further into the season.

“As a team, we still need to try and find our offense because later in the season it’s gonna be hard to find runs and get on the scoreboard,” Conner Tomasic (10) said.

The next home game for the boys will be on Saturday, April 23.The Indians will play against Penn at 10 a.m.