Setting the Scene for Senior Night

Five senior girls ran out on the court to lead the team on senior night. The night was filled with honoring the girls and their efforts during the season.

The varsity girls volleyball team celebrated Senior Night against Michigan City last night on their home court with a score of 3-0.

Although the team lost in the end, the energy on the court was at a high level.

“We were really pumped towards the beginning of the game, but they’re a really good team, and we did our best,” Kelly Orze (12) said.

Orze played a strong three sets with two kills throughout the game.

“I think we started off very strong, but by the end we kind of died down,” Morgan Calligan (12) said.

Regardless of their loss, the five senior girls celebrated their last and final season by walking onto the court escorted by family and friends. The night was not only centered around the game, but also honoring the upperclassman and their efforts throughout the season.

“This night always means so much to the girls and the underclassmen want to put everything they possibly have into the game to win a match for their seniors. The seniors did phenomenal,” Coach Tina Tinberg said.  

Following the game, the girls’ families and teammates spoke about their fellow players and family members to honor them and their participation in the sport.

Students and faculty can come and support the girls at their next home game on Oct. 11 against Valparaiso.