Victory over Valpo

The JV girls volleyball team huddles together before the game. They showed off their skills on the court shortly after.

Rising up and dominating, Lake Central’s JV volleyball team defeated Valparaiso 25-20 and 25-15. Throughout the game, the girls kept a positive outlook and showed successful teamwork.

“[The best part of the game was that] we were really consistent,” Emily Van Deursen (10) said.

The girls got their heads in the game and started off strong. Slipping a few points behind, their opponents didn’t stop them from fighting. Powerful serves, sets and spikes were just some of the skills they showed off.

“We really didn’t let anything bother us. We kept going, and we were really on our game,” Kasseidi Lessentine (10) said.

Keeping a good head set not only improves focus, but teamwork as well. Playing well and using good communication goes hand in hand, which the girls expressed during their game. Instead of becoming discouraged after losing a few points, the girls kept their heads held high.

“[The worst part was] the little things we could have improved on,” Lessentine (10) said.

Even though the JV volleyball team came together and conquered, they had their faults. Acknowledging the issue and fixing it is something these girls do well. They put up a true fight and proved their skills.