Batter up

Mr. Michael Swartzentruber, Baseball, tells students about upcoming fundraiser events for the baseball team. The meeting was held after school on Wednesday, Oct. 26.

The baseball season is approaching, and Lake Central is getting prepped and ready for the start of the season. On Wednesday, Oct. 26, Mr. Michael Swartzentruber, Baseball, gathered the Lake Central baseball team in the LGI to discuss funding and plans.

“This is my first year, but I’ve coached varsity baseball for 20 years, so meetings like this are nothing new. The main reason I did this was to get an exact number on how many guys are going to come out and start to prepare for March,” Mr. Swartzentruber said.

The competition is tough this year as many boys hope to join the team, but the students are eager to start and ready to fight for a spot.

“I love [baseball]. I hope to first get on the team and then win state,” Maxwell Pattison (12) said.

There is pressure on the players this year, but hopes are high, and the boys are ready to put up a fight.

“Lake Central baseball has been good for a long time and expectations are high, which is one reason why I wanted to come here. I want players, parents, administration and a community that provides what we need as a program to win and be successful. There is a lot of talent here,” Swartzentruber said.