Cubs Recap

Cubs players cheer on with the fans while going down Lakeshore Drive. The parade consisted of five million cubs fans. Photo by: Jessica Cook (11)

It happened. 39,420 days later and the Cubs are World Series Champions. Cubs won the 2016 World Series with an insane 8-7, 10-inning Game 7 victory over the Indians on Wednesday night at Progressive Field. This victory lead them to get back from a 3-1 deficit to claim their first World Series title since 1908. After the wearying years they had to push through they can finally claim their victory and break the supposed 108 year curse. The game itself wasn’t the only record shattering event that the Cubs were responsible for, the Cubs Parade went down as the seventh largest gathering of humanity in history with 5 million people gathered in the loop and Grant Park, Chicago, Illinois. There were vendors at every corner and barricades of millions all around Lakeshore Drive. It was truly a day to be a Cubs fan. There wasn’t one person there not in Cubs wear. People dancing, people celebrating, people screaming, people live for this.