Perspective from a pin

+Going+in+for+a+take+down%2C+this+freshman+wrestler+scores+himself+a+personal+point.+This+match+involved+many+other+takedowns+and+neutral+stances.%0A
Going in for a take down, this freshman wrestler scores himself a personal point. This match involved many other takedowns and neutral stances.

Lake Central’s freshmen wrestling team faced off against Crown Point, their main rivals. The boys had many personal wins throughout the matches and ended strong.

“[One thing I could improve on is] not reaching back as much,” Jacob Amptmeyer (9) said.

Determining where things went wrong is important, and the boys knew what they needed to work on. Even when their match seemed to be in their Crown Point’s hands, they continued to fight.

“I could improve my high crotches, my snaps, my singles and my doubles,” Christopher Cortez (9) said.

Keeping your mind in a positive place can be difficult when it comes to wrestling. One minute you are neutral and the next, there’s a take down. The LC boys really proved what they are capable of by standing their ground and getting many take downs.

“I won both matches. I feel grateful that I’ve wrestled all my life,” Christopher Cortez (9) said.

The continuous cheering and support they showed each other made watching the match even more interesting. Catch their next meet at Crown Point High School on Nov. 28.