Our House

Jack Tinsley (10) is swimming butterfly style. Tinsley swam the 200 IM.

On Tuesday, Nov. 29, the varsity boys swim team took on the Valparaiso Vikings for their first home meet. The Indians took the win with a score of 94-92.

Even though it was only the first meet of the season, the boys feel confident that they are going to accomplish great things this year with the team still developing.

“I think the team is pretty good. We have five or six guys that will do really well at Sectionals. We’re a developmenting team,” Gavin Baisa (12) said.

With the team being so young, the transition from freshman to sophomore had a different effect on the boys than it did others.

“It’s tougher being a sophomore because I have more pressure on me and have to train harder,” Keegan Baisa (10) said.

For others, the transition didn’t have as much of an impact as it did for Baisa.

“Not being a sophomore hasn’t changed much. When you swim fast, people will look at you with the same respect as a senior and treat you as an equal,” Riley Ingram (10) said.

Overall, the boys had a great turn out for such a nail biting meet. Captain Gavin Baisa (12) has had a lot on his plate this season being one of the three seniors on the team.

“It’s really weird being captain because I used to always look up to my captain, and now all the kids look up to me and it’s really weird but I like being a good role model for all the kids,” Gavin Baisa (12) said.

The boys next meet will be on Tuesday Nov. 6 against the Merrillville Pirates.