Victory over the Michigan City Wolves

Taiylour Kirkwood (11) dribbles the ball down court to perform a layup. She went from one side of the court to the other, sneaking past the defense.

The girls varsity basketball team defeated the Michigan City Wolves on Dec. 9. The final score was 63-46.

“We came out with a lot of energy, and I think we played well as a team, as a whole. We came out with a lot of energy because of all the people who came,” Kylie Fehrman (12) said.

“We shared and moved the ball really well. Our post did a good job,” Fehrman said.

The girls maintained a strong lead throughout the game. The score at halftime was 25-16. According to Fehrman The girls played well because of the great attendance at the game.

“The atmosphere [was the best]. There were a lot of people who came to our game and a lot of energy in the gym, which felt awesome,” Fehrman said.

Even though they won this game, they know what they need to do to improve for next time.

“The only thing that I was a little disappointed about was our offense. I would have liked them to attack a little bit more. We’ll be back at it, [getting] some movement in there,” Joe Huppenthal, athletic department said. “[At practice], we’ll work on offense, defense, guarding good point guards, 6’ 4”, 6’ 5” big; so we’re gonna work on everything top to bottom,” Fehrman said.