JV Girls Track Takes on a Tri-Meet

Rachel Kujawa (9) and Lilly Zubeck (9) keep pace together in the mile. Zubeck (second) came in first for the mile and Kujawa (front) came in second.

The JV girls track team took on Highland and Morton in a tri-meet on Friday, March 10.

“The meet was only a JV meet because there is a meet on March 11 down at Purdue that our varsity girls are running. Even though it was only JV, the atmosphere of the team is really supportive, and I always know that they are there for me if I need them. The team works really well together because we are always making sure each runner is working as hard as we can,” Lilly Zubeck (9) said.

This was the first JV meet of the season and the runners are looking forward to the season ahead.

“I did pretty well yesterday. I did great on the 4×400 for it being my first time running it, but on the mile I didn’t do as well as I had hoped to. I plan on running the next race better. My goal for this season it to run every race with all that I have. I want to drop as much time as I can each race,” Zubeck said.

The girls plan on keeping their 25-year streak of being Sectional champions and six years of being Regional champions.

“I think some hopes are to keep our winning streak alive. We have a great atmosphere. We always cheer each other on and we are all really great friends. I think we will be able to keep it,” Jasmine Reyes (11) said.

The next JV meet is April 7, and the next varsity meet is March 25.