Serve it, smash it, win it, love it.

Wachowski+%2812%29+is+on+her+last+match.+Wachowski+won+the+match+and+is+practicing+for+further+games.+
Wachowski (12) is on her last match. Wachowski won the match and is practicing for further games.

The varsity and JV girls tennis teams defeated the Hanover Wildcats on April 13 due to the team’s spirit and sunny weather.

“Winning over Hanover really boosted the team’s confidence as we push through the season. We have a great coach that motivates us and pushes us. During every game, I hear coach [Bryan Szalonek, Social Studies] cheer me and it helps me relax and keep my thoughts only on winning the game,” Holly Pasko (11) said.

It was a perfect day for playing tennis. Lake Central played against Hanover Central, who was l coached by Ralph Holden, Social Studies. The two coaches were both eager to win as they could feel the competition. The coaches cheered the girls’ on trying to boost their spirits.

“As a team, we want to represent our school and our coach proudly. During the game, we’re anxious because we knew there was some rivalry between the two schools. We remembered everything we practiced and connected as a team to bring a win for our school and coach. If we try our hardest at practice and support each other as a team, we will come out with more victories,” Emily Gora (11) said.

The girls came out to a score of 5-0 against Hanover. The players were overjoyed that they could win this for their school and for Coach Szalonek. They hope to achieve more victories in the season and to continue to strive for greatness.