Pain is temporary, pride is forever

Ean Dipasquo (11) shakes hands with his opponent for the match. Dipasquo lost the match and hoped to improve on further pins.

“I felt I performed well yesterday [and] ended my performances at LC with a win by pin. I need to improve on some of my defensive moves. But for the underclassmen, soak it all in because it goes by really fast,” Jackson Bais (12) said.

It was senior night so it was very important to end the night on a high note. Many of the players were screaming to boost the morale for the team as they were down by several points. The seniors wanted to make a good impression for the underclassmen to make their connection as a team stronger.

“I feel like I did okay, I had a torn muscle before I wrestled that day and I got cleared the day before, I did my best but unfortunately I lost because he scored more points. I wanted to show the underclassmen to do your best and represent your team even when you’re at your worst,” Petar Djuric (12) said.

The team was down by 20 points, but teammates on the bench cheered on the players and filled the gym with encouragement. They wanted to make this match very memorable for the seniors. At the end of the competition, seniors were congratulated for all their hard work with pizza, drinks and speeches.