Swimming to DAC

Christy Tham (10) remains focused while swimming the 100 butterfly. Tham tried her best last night.

After their final meet before the Duneland Athletic Conference, JV girls swimming won against the Munster Mustangs on Thursday, Jan. 18. The final score of the meet was 115-71.

“I feel like we all did a really good job. We tried our hardest and we swam with all that we had,” Christy Tham (10) said.

As the season comes to an end, the Lady Indians have improved drastically. Morning and after school practices have definitely paid off for the team.

“All of my girls, especially in lanes one and two, the JV girls, have improved by miles and miles, leaps and bounds. Most of them came here brand [as] new swimmers [and] many of them have never swam competitively before. Now they’re just blowing everybody out of the water,” Assistant Coach Daniel Fox, Science, said.

Looking ahead to the next season, the team’s main goal is to stay fit during the off season in order for them to come back stronger. Each swimmer also has a goal set up for herself.

“My biggest goal is to drop fly in my 100 fly and to make sure that everyone else does great,” Tham said.