Sit back at Sip

A+uniquely+delicious+blend+of+coffee%2C+the+Almond+Joy+Latte+is+enjoyed+among+many+who+go+to+Sip.+++There+are+twelve+different+types+of+lattes+to+choose+from+the+menu%2C+along+with+other+beverages.+
A uniquely delicious blend of coffee, the Almond Joy Latte is enjoyed among many who go to Sip. There are twelve different types of lattes to choose from the menu, along with other beverages.

The sweet scent of freshly-brewed coffee wafts through the inviting air as soon as one steps into Sip Coffeehouse.  A friendly waiter or waitress promptly greets you, hands out a menu, and says you can sit wherever you please.  The seating options aren’t limited; from big round tables to quaint window seats, to vintage couches and chairs, the coffeehouse makes you feel right at home.  This, however, is just the beginning of your stay at Sip.

Sip itself had an unusual beginning.  Located within Crown Point Square, it started off as Tiffany’s Tearoom, appealing only to certain customers.  Then, a little over a year ago, the owner decided to switch things up.  Half of the tearoom served as a coffeehouse; soon enough, the coffee/café side became more popular, and Tiffany’s Tearoom transformed into Sip.

The coffeehouse appeals to a wide range of customers with different personalities and ages.

“I think my favorite thing about working here would be the people that come in, because this kind of place attracts really cool people,” Mike Hillyard, waiter, said.

The easygoing staff is also great.

“The staff feels more like family than co workers.  They’re really sweet and understanding,” Jessica Carlotta, waitress, said.

Good people mean good food, and Sip’s menu is impeccable.  Not only are there twelve different types of lattes—including Almond Joy and s’mores flavor—the menu includes other beverages like smoothies and bubble tea.  Breakfast is also served, along with delicious lunch and dinner options.  There’s a variety of soups, salads, and sandwiches to pick from, all of which satisfy the taste buds.  A favorite dish is the Tosca Pizzette, which is toasted bread filled with feta cheese, grilled onions and tomatoes.

“The food and drinks at Sip are what you’re looking for, yet they’re different and original.  It looks lovely and tastes good, too,” Nina Decker (10) said.

Although the food at Sip is delectable, that is only part of the experience.  Soft alternative music plays throughout the coffeehouse, providing customers with nice background noise.  Framed art from local artists dot the colorful walls, and funky furniture gives Sip a sense of character not prevalent at other coffeehouses or cafes.  People of all ages come to Sip, some just to read or eat, and some to stay for hours talking to friends in the relaxed environment.

“I like how Sip is creative with their decoration of the coffeehouse.  It seems like it could make any type of person feel comfortable there,” Decker said.

Moreover, Wednesday nights serve as game nights at Sip, and Friday and Saturday nights are open-mic nights.  People can sign up or just walk in and sing or read poetry, further enhancing the sense of “home” people feel at Sip.

No matter what time or day you visit Sip, your stay will be wonderful.  You will encounter amazing people, delicious food, chill vibes, and memories you will keep forever.

Sip opens at 6 a.m. Monday through Saturday and 7 a.m. on Sunday; it closes at 9 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 10 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, and 8 p.m. on Sunday.