School board gathers to discuss changes

Mr.+Bill+Ledyard%2C+Director+of+Facilities%2C+shows+the+school+board+members+photos+of+Phase+Three+of+construction.+The+meeting+was+held+on+Nov.+17+in+the+LGI.+
Mr. Bill Ledyard, Director of Facilities, shows the school board members photos of Phase Three of construction. The meeting was held on Nov. 17 in the LGI.

On Nov. 17 in the LGI Room, members of the school board gathered to discuss for the November meeting. The board discussed construction, school letter grades and more.

Mrs. Theresa Schoon, Director of Primary Education, told the board about the letter grades that each school was given. Letter grades are given each year after the schools are evaluated.

“Out of our six elementary [schools], four kept A’s [that] have stayed since last year, and we do have two elementary [schools], Peifer and Protsman, that received B’s this year. All three of the middle schools brought their grades up. Clark went from a B to an A this year, Grimmer went from a C to an A this year, and Kahler went from a C to a B. Our high school, again, received an A grade,” Mrs. Schoon said.

Mr. Bill Ledyard, Director of Facilities, discussed changes in budget, Phase Three of construction and current changes with demolition.

“The football field is basically a memory, all the light posts have come down. Essentially [when] all the field aspects of both the softball and baseball fields are done, we have a little more to do with the dugouts,” Ledyard said.

The next meeting is planned to be held on Dec. 1 at 7:30 p.m in the LGI.