Swing choirs perform at Clark Middle School

Elise Bereolos (11), Ryan Powers (12), Christi Raichle (12), Roger Kaufman (12), and Payton Paweski (11) perform. Counterpoints performed three songs.

On Dec. 9, Trebelaires and Counterpoints had the opportunity to perform at the Clark Middle School choir concert, bringing some members back to their roots.

“I thought it was really cool to perform at Clark because I got to see my old teachers, and it was also cool to perform for the younger kids,” Kellie Repasi (10) said.

Their performance was met with a positive response from students, teachers and also parents.

“I think it was great, not only for the kids, but for the parents to see choir opportunities at the high school level,” Mrs. Christina Arroyo, Clark choir director said.

Trebelaires and Counterpoints are two choir groups that require an audition. They perform at a variety of places and sing acapella or without a piano.

“I think that some of the middle schoolers were inspired by our performance because we are ‘big kids’ and sing acapella,” Montes Pirtle (12) said.

Many members in Trebelaires and Counterpoints really enjoyed going back to the place where their choir career started.

“I thought it was really cool because I got to, like I said, go back and see Mr. Arroyo and Mrs. Arroyo. I got to go back and see them, and they could see how I progressed as a singer,” Jenna Buntin (10) said.

Clark choir director, Mrs. Christina Arroyo, even got emotional seeing her former students back on the Clark stage.

“It was very emotional for me to see how much they had grown as singers. It was wonderful,” Mrs. Arroyo said.