State success

The+BPA+national+logo+for+2014-2015+is+designed+by+a+BPA+contestant+from+the+2013-2014+school+year.+State+was+held+from+March+15+to+March+17%2C+2015.+
The BPA national logo for 2014-2015 is designed by a BPA contestant from the 2013-2014 school year. State was held from March 15 to March 17, 2015.

On Sunday, March 15, BPA travelled to Indianapolis for the State conference. Out of all who qualified from District, 22 made the trip, and 12 of the 22 qualified for Nationals.

“[The conference] went pretty well considering I got second in [Visual Basic/C# Programming,] which was not what I was expecting. When I took the test, it was a lot harder than I thought it would be, so when I got second at State I was really surprised,” Anthony Tugman (11) said.

With two competitions already behind the BPA members, some have ideas on what to expect, but in order to prepare for Nationals, some of the members will make sure to study.

“I’ll probably look at the Accounting book [to prepare for Nationals] and make sure I have a good idea because the Payroll Accounting test had some things that we never covered in class and wasn’t in the book, so I had to go with what sounded right,” Joseph Grzybek (10) said.

Nationals will be held in Anaheim, Calif. from May 6 to May 10.