How to beat senioritis

Noelle Matasovsky (12) gathers her textbooks to study for upcoming tests. Matasovsky avoids senioritis with dedication to her good grades.

With only one more month of school left until graduation, many seniors find themselves succumbing to senioritis. This “illness” can be described as the gradual lack of motivation by high school seniors involving their studies and school work as the school year comes to an end. Symptoms may include: tears, laziness, excessive sleeping and low grades. While senioritis may not sound like that big of an issue, it  definitely can be for some. Here are some tips to help you cure the sickness:

1. Write down assignments. Summer plans have most likely taken up residence in your mind. What are you going to do? Where are you going to go? Who will you see? It can be easy to forget about homework with all that going on in your head, but doing all those little assignments can help boost your grade!
  2. Study with friends. Finals are right around the corner and study time is necessary. Make a study game. It can be a lot less boring that way. It’s important to make sure that actual studying is getting done, and you’re not just goofing around.
  3. Put down your phone. Facebook, Twitter and Instagram can all wait so set down the technology and do your homework. Don’t you dare turn on that TV until you are positive you can ace that final.
  4. Be the best you can be. All our life we have been told to do our very best and to be our very best. Your senioritis self is far from the best, so pick yourself up because the end is near and with it, a new beginning. You’re almost there.