Spreading the German word

One of the elementary students goofs off while learning “Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes.” The students had a lot of fun during the visit from the German IV students.

The German III and IV classes have spent their matrix classes a little differently than most. Instead of class as usual, these students have the opportunity to go to the elementary and middle schools and teach the German language. During Matrix 7, the German IV Honors students went to Homan Elementary School and visited many classes.

“We introduce the German language to so many young children, and they seem to have as much fun learning as we do teaching,” Phoebe Duke (11) said.

While there, the German students teach basics of the language like colors, numbers and simple words. They also teach the kids “Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes,” which always seems to liven up the visit.
“I’m so thankful that we have the opportunity to visit the elementary and middle school classes. It’s such a rewarding experience to hear a kid laugh at a funny German word or smile when they learn how to say their favorite color in another language,” Duke said.