Thankful for Turkey Day

Alexa Spasevski (10) holds a script from the contest show called “Every 17 Minutes The Crowd Goes Crazy.” She was thankful to be part of the contest show this year, and was proud of that particular show.

Many students this year prepare for turkey day or Thanksgiving by reflecting on what they are thankful for.

“I’m thankful for my family because they’re always really supportive, and they drive me everywhere, and I really appreciate it. I’m really thankful for the Theatre Company and that I got to be part of some amazing shows this year,” Alexa Spasevski (10) said.

Students at Lake Central thank their families and friends they have made while in high school.

“I have a family here at Lake Central with the Theatre Company. They always support me and this is the first year I’m doing shows. I’m thankful for all my friends who are in the [Theatre] Company who support what I do every day,” Stephanie Gustas (9) said.

Friends are always people to be thankful for during the holidays.

“I’m most thankful for my friends for being my friends. I’m thankful for Mason Crawford [10] for always giving me motivational support through social media and life,” Dylan Foster (10) said.

Thanksgiving, while most just get excited over a lot of food, is a holiday really about thanking those around you who care about you.