N-Teens plans for Angel Tree

Members of N-Teens line up to check their name on a list. The paper listed all students signed up to go on the Chicago trip which will take place on Saturday, Dec. 5.

On Tuesday, Nov. 24, students met for an N-Teens meeting in the cafeteria.  The meeting featured many topics such as various volunteer opportunities, the annual Chicago shopping trip and the Angel Tree.

“I am excited for the Angel Tree and to maybe volunteer at some of the food pantries,” Ellie Chandos (12) said.

One of the main topics discussed was the Angel Tree. In previous years, N-Teens was assigned two children for the Angel Tree, but this year they decided on only one.

The Angel Tree is children whose parents can’t afford to get them gifts, so we get an angel from one of the trees and either donate money or toys to the child,” Chandos said.

Students were also given information about their annual Chicago shopping trip.

“The Chicago trip for N-Teens is a fun social trip to end the semester because we spend all semester doing different volunteer events so, in December, we get a fun field trip for anyone in the club,” Eva Kimberly (12) said.

The next meeting will be on Tuesday, Dec. 8 in the LGI.