Enjoying tea with “The Little Mermaid”

Cast and crew of “The Little Mermaid” dress up as Disney characters to have tea with princesses and princes of Lake County. The tea party ended with a showing of “The Little Mermaid.”

Across the land of Lake County, princes and princesses gathered to share tea with their favorite Disney characters. This season, Lake Central Theater Company performed Disney’s “The Little Mermaid.”

“We came up with the idea of the tea party when we realized with the princess production, we can really reach out to audience members that aren’t necessarily adults. We really enjoyed doing a production that can speak to all ages of audience members,” Theodoros Karras (10) said.

LCTC promoted their musical by inviting children and adults to have refreshments before watching “The Little Mermaid.” Members of the theater company dressed up as characters from Disney films and interacted with kids resulting in excitement and cheer everywhere.

I enjoyed seeing the little kids’ faces light up. They look at you when you walk past and they just believe you’re really a princess. It’s like you’re a celebrity,” Hannah Souronis (11) said.

Children were pleased with the tea party and were more excited to see the show. The event ended around four and left audience members in awe and gratitude for being able to experience the magic of Disney.