Q&A: Sarah Santana (10)

Sarah+Santana+%2810%29+poses+for+a+picture.+Santana+has+been+playing+on+the+softball+team+for+two+years+now.++
Sarah Santana (10) poses for a picture. Santana has been playing on the softball team for two years now.

Q: What is it like playing on both JV and varsity?

A: It’s really fun actually because you get to interact with both groups of people. You get to know the freshmen and you can still maintain a connection with your juniors and seniors.

Q: What are your goals for this season?

A: I want to lead my team as far as we can in the postseason and to achieve the best conference record we can have.

Q: When did you start playing softball?

A: I started playing softball when I was seven years old on a little league and I just fell in love with the game.

Q: What is your favorite part of playing softball?

A: My favorite part is the element of teamwork and learning how to interact with all the players.

Q: What are your strengths and weaknesses?

A: My strengths are my hitting and I love to lead my team. My weaknesses are getting to know all my teammates and organizing.

Q: Are you trying to set a good example for the new players?

A: One of my goals is to set a good example for the freshmen and to be their role model so they can be able to succeed in the future.

Q: Do you hope to continue playing softball out of high school?

A: Yes, I want to play college softball and I am looking at the University of Evansville.

Q: What are you looking to the most this season?

A: I’m looking forward to sharing a lot of wins with my team this season and [being] able to play with the two different groups of people.