What the Tech (Week)?

Olivia LaVoie (9) plays a stressed mother in her show “Suspect to Change.” Freshman Shows will go on April 29 and 30 at 7 p.m. both nights.

Students involved in freshman shows have tech rehearsal. There are many different jobs that go along with tech week.

“I am the prop mentor. I wanted to teach someone what I liked to do so that they could take my position when I leave. It’s fun because I get to see the future thespians of the company,” Raquel Rembert (12) said.

When students are not behind the scenes working on the technical aspects of theater, they’re putting on a show on stage.

“I am acting in the show. I’m in the show ‘Betweenity.’ My characters name is Thick and he talks about burgers and farting a lot. I love my character because he’s cool and he’s fun to play,” Bailey Corbett (9) said.

The directors of the shows work their cast so that they can put finishing touches on their shows that will be performed April 29 and 30 at 7 p.m.

“We are rehearsing, rehearsing and rehearsing some more. I am helping direct and block the show and detail the acting and put together props for our show ‘Banana Nut Split,’” Alexa Spasevski (10) said.