Victory against the Vikings

Robert MacNeill (9) wins the ball from Valparaiso player. He scored the first of two goals.

On Wednesday, Sept. 21, the JV boys soccer team took on a tough DAC match against Valparaiso. The boys were victorious with a final score of 2-1.

“It wasn’t just a regular game. We haven’t lost in the conference yet. I think they were not ready to let Valparaiso come in and beat us on our field,” JV Coach Juan Zambrano said.

The boys scored first with a goal from Robert MacNeill (9), setting the tone for the rest of the game. Lake Central continued to connect passes and win possession of the ball. Despite having trouble finding the back of the net, the team’s hard work in both halves ensured their win.

“I feel good that we got the win, but I don’t think the performance was as good as it could have been,” Jason Bader (9) said.

With pleasant weather on their side, the boys gave an exceptional effort against a very athletic team. Their teamwork skills and friendship helped them to succeed on Wednesday night.

“One of our strengths [during the game] was communicating well and connecting passes,” Milan Stanisse (10) said.

The boys are confident they will go undefeated for their DAC games as they have one more game against Merrillville on Sept. 28.