Future Medical Professionals plan for their future

On Tuesday, Nov. 15, the Future Medical Professionals club invited an anesthesiologist to speak about his experience in the medical field.

“He talked to us about what he does on a day-to-day basis at his job and what steps you needed to take in college and med school,” Jaskiran Kaur (11) said.

The club’s members were able to learn new ideas and gain knowledge that would benefit them in the long run.

“[The anesthesiologist] went into depth about what he actually does. I’ve been considering becoming an anesthesiologist, but I didn’t know anything about it. I learned things that I had never even heard of before, like how the amount of years for residency varies,” Kaur said.

Not only did the anesthesiologist talk about his personal experience, but he also mentioned the basic requirements and how going into the medical field would affect an individual’s life.

“I wasn’t really sure about the schooling, like taking the MCAT or being apart of a fellowship. Now, I better understand what we need to do going into those programs and what to expect,” Daryn McElroy (11) said.

After having an anesthesiologist give advice and information on the basics, students look forward to hearing new speakers that are apart of other areas within the medical field.

“[In the future] I would like to see a dermatologist because that is the field I would like to go into,” McElroy said.

Future Medical Professionals club members listen to the guest speaker. The presidents on the club invited an anesthesiologist to speak to the members.
The anesthesiologist speaks to the club about his experience in the the medical field. The members were able to learn what his daily routine is.
Mr. William Keep, Business, asks the anesthesiologist a question. He wanted to know how medical school has affected him.
The members of the Future Medical Professionals club applaud the guest speaker. Mr. William Keep, Business, thanked the anesthesiologist for advising the members of the club.