Carol of the bells

Taylor Lush (11) and Amanda Aponte(11) perform at the bells concert. Both students were in Bells II.

The Bell Choir performed in the auditorium for their winter show on Tuesday. Dec. 13. The members of the bell choir showcased some favorite holiday songs.

“This Christmas Concert went really well. I’m really happy to have such a fun director. He has helped me with my counting and note names immensely,” Brianna Rhomberg (9) said.

After Bells II performed, they joined Bells I to do a christmas melody compilation.

“Bells I is really fun to work with. Since I’m in Bells II, it’s easy for me to play, but I enjoy helping others who are struggling because bells. Initially, is very intimidating and I remember how that was for me,” Magdziarz said.

This is the student’s first year with the new director, Mr. Nathaniel Jones, Music.

“At first, I was a little apprehensive, but now I’m honestly so glad I had the chance to meet Mr. Jones before I left LC because he is an actual legend,” Madison Magdziarz (12) said.

After a successful concert, the students started to prepare for their next concert in February.

“Our next concert is just Bells and we are playing with the Purdue Bell Choir. We’ve already started playing some new songs. We even have a piece that we’ve been working on all year.

We’re going to be ready to play at this next concert and one of the biggest changes we’re making is we’re going to have new people in our class next semester,” Maya Tobin (12) said.

Brianna Rhomberg (9) and Madison Madgziarz (12) wait for their cue from their director. Rhomberg and Madgziarz were partnered up for the concert.
 Amanda Powers (11) focuses on her music. Powers had been playing bells since she was in middle school.
Joshua Dejarlais (11) switches bells as he performs. This was the second concert of the year.
Katie Veronesi (12) plays the bells along with other in her group. Veronesi had been playing bells for seven years.