Holiday harmonies

Estela Madrigal (11) sings a solo. She sang a solo for the song “All I Want for Christmas is You.”

The choir had their winter concert on Tuesday, Dec. 13. They performed holiday songs ranging from “All I Want for Christmas is You” to an acapella version of “The Nutcracker Jingles”.

“My favorite part of the choir concert was Concert Choir. I liked the middle of [“Don’t Save It all For Christmas Day”] because it had a really powerful section and we sounded like a really big choir. I saw a lady crying in the front row,” Amy Denton (11) said.

At one point during the concert, Bells and Senior Treble performed a song together and had to arrange time to practice since they don’t have a class together.

“I liked it. It was kind of difficult because Bells and Senior Treble don’t have choir together so we had to come down during PTE and that’s all the time that we had,” Denton said.

The choir did not face many challenges before the concert, but Concert Choir had to put together an acapella arrangement in a short period of time before the concert.

“[We did not face any challenges] during our performance, but we got the acapella arrangement of ‘The Nutcracker Jingles’ only about two weeks before the concert so we had to redo a lot of that,” Denton said.