The American Red Cross will be operating a blood drive in the fieldhouse on April 21. The blood drive is available for all eligible students and sign-up information will be available during lunch during this week. Students must turn in a consent form before signing up for a time to donate blood.
Reasons to donate:
- Engaging in a community service activity.
- Giving back to the community.
- LC can receive funds to award scholarships.
- Saving a life.
- Blood can be split into other transferable products that can assist in saving a life.
- The process is easy.
- One pint of blood can save up to three lives.
What you need to get involved:
- Must be at least 16.
- Must meet height and weight requirements. See the blood drive table at lunch to see the height and weight eligibility chart.
- Be in good health.
- Bring an ID.
- Names of prescription medications you are currently taken (or have taken within the last month).
- Get at least eight hours of sleep the night before.
- Eat healthy meals and drink plenty of fluids before giving blood.