Angel Tree

Aniyah Thompkins (10) smiles as Mrs. Brittney Gore, English, passes out instructions. Angel tree donations will be collected during Pathways to Excellence.

Student Council is organizing students to donate to the Angel Tree Program through Dec. 8. Students are encouraged to donate money in their PTE classes.

“We do Angel Tree through the Salvation Army and they find families around the community who cannot afford to buy presents and bare necessities during the holidays. Some items include clothes and gloves. They ask the children for a couple of items they would like and create little tags for them and ask community members and groups to buy those items so those children can have Christmas gifts,” Mrs. Brittney Gore, English, said.

The program brings the community together to provide for the less fortunate. The recipients are children living in single-parent homes and cannot afford christmas presents.

“Angel Tree is something I have done my whole life. My parents and I have always done it, so I think it is really awesome to be able to donate on a much larger scale. It is cool to get all the students involved especially during a time that i know students are not that excited to be at school with finals and everything so hopefully this brings them some joy and happiness to those in our community to those who need it especially around the holidays,” Mrs. Gore said.

Once the school has collected money for the children, the club goes to the store to purchase the presents.